Sunday, June 7, 2009

Brisbane Lions

So went to my first Rugby Game saturday night. It was soo cool. The stadium was HUGE and I felt like I was at home at a football game. There were soo many people there. The stats said that 33,000 people attended the game! The Aussies seriously get so into it! The cheering, yelling and chants they do are INSANE. I had such a great time! The game was between the Brisbane Lions (woot woot) and Carlton (they are from New South Wales). We had super good seats too. We were really high up but it was better because we could see the whole field from up there. I really think I like rugby better than American football. It's much more intense and the game is continuous, they don't stop to set up another play. It's almost like soccer but they can use their hands and tackle the crap out of eachother. They have to be in such good shape! Of course we get seats right behind a family of Carlton fans...but don't you worry we made ourselves known and cheered extra loud whenever Brisbane scored! All in all had a great time though. I'm really glad I went and it was a great way to see the Australian culture. Once a Brisbane Lions fan, always a Brisbane Lions fan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment